LSCI is an Evidence-Based Practice! Click here to learn more!
Showing all 3 results
The 3rd edition of the LSCI textbook, Talking with Students in Conflict, is completely revised and updated with brain-based, trauma-informed, relationship building strategies for turning problem situations into learning opportunities for young people.
Read all about how the brain and body respond to stress and how to guide young people through conflict situations, using the advanced verbal skills of LSCI. Learn our six-stage process for de-escalating problem situations, putting language to emotion, and facilitating long term behavioral change.
Learn what to do when a young person:
* Acts out in stress toward unsuspecting helpers, sparking explosive and endless power struggles
* Makes poor decisions based on distorted thought patterns and perceptual errors
* Has the right intentions and motivation but lacks the social skills to be successful
* Is purposefully aggressive and exploits others with little conscience
* Acts in self-damaging ways due to being burdened with shame and inadequacy
* Becomes entangled in destructive peer relationships and is vulnerable to manipulation
Be among the first to receive this completely revised & updated edition of our classic text!
After more than three decades of helping professionals work with some of the most challenging children, the LSCI Institute now adapts its brain-based, trauma-informed, kid-centered approach to the unique needs of parents and caregivers. Parenting the Challenging Child: The 4-Step Way to Turn Problem Situations Into Learning Opportunities provides readers with:
* Specific skills for building more positive relationships with kids
* Proven strategies for de-escalating stressful situations
* A reliable 4-step framework for turning common problem situations into lasting learning opportunities
After reading this solution-focused book, you will be equipped with new skills to identify and change six problematic patterns of behavior in young people. Even more importantly, you will learn about yourself and how simple changes in the way you interact with your loved ones during a problem situation can significantly improve your relationship and their future behaviors.
STILL THINKING ABOUT IT? Read an excerpt!
From Chapter 1: The Dynamics of Conflict Between Parent & Child
From Chapter 5: What to Do When Kids Turn Their Anger on Parents
TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES FOR PARENTS & CAREGIVERS!
Click to learn about our 2-hour online training as well as our live (also available via Zoom) training workshops.
Discover how to stop frustrating conversations, endless conflicts, and tedious arguments with family, friends, and co-workers. The Angry Smile offers insights for understanding passive aggressive behavior and step-by-step advice for dealing with covertly hostile people. Easy-to-read with clearly written dialogue, The Angry Smile offers real-world examples and practical tools for effectively managing this problem behavioral style.