Welcome to Part 1 of the LSCI Certification Course:
Introduction to Life Space Crisis Intervention
The online Introduction to LSCI provides in-depth instruction in the fundamental skills of LSCI, including:
- The differences in psychological worlds between helping adults and kids under stress
- The impact of chronic stress and traumatic events in the lives of young people
- The brain’s role in driving repetitive and predictable patterns of self-defeating behavior
- Helping kids bring language to emotion and gain insight into their thoughts, feelings, and behaviors.
- The LSCI Conflict Cycle
- Effective interviewing skills
- The six most common patterns of self-defeating behavior
- How to conduct a complete Red Flag reclaiming intervention
Online Course Format
- The online Introduction to LSCI is a video-based course. Following the simple registration process (see link below), you will gain access to 11 training modules, each presented via video by Dr. Frank Fecser, Co-founder of the LSCI Institute. The course is not timed; participants are free to watch the modules on their own schedule, and may re-watch each module as often as desired. It is highly recommended that the modules are viewed sequentially, however, as the course information builds on itself from one module to the next.
- Upon registration, you will be able to download the Participant’s Manual for the Introduction to LSCI course. The manual provides the PowerPoint presentation, along with detailed handouts and journal articles that feature real-world LSCI examples.
- Your registration and payment for the online Introduction to LSCI also includes a copy of the textbook Life Space Crisis Intervention: Talking with Students in Conflict. The book will automatically be sent to the address you list in your registration. You should receive the book in 7-10 business days. You may begin to watch the video modules before the textbook arrives. The textbook will enhance your overall learning and will be instrumental for long term reference and retention of the LSCI course content. Likewise, the text will be cited repeatedly in Part 2 of the LSCI Certification.
- Click the link below to register for the online Introduction to LSCI training.
- Once your registration is complete, you will be linked directly to the online course to begin your training. You will also receive an email notification of your order details and your login information if you are registering a new account.
- When you have successfully completed the course and passed the True/False exam, you can download a Certificate of Completion for the Introduction to LSCI.
- Course Fee: $200.00
The fee for the online course includes a copy of the text Life Space Crisis Intervention: Talking with Students in Conflict (shipped directly to the address you provide during course registration) along with a downloadable Participant's manual and Certificate.
Continuing On with Part 2: The Reclaiming Interventions
- Upon successful completion of the online Introduction to LSCI, you will be eligible to register for the 3-day, live course, in which you will gain skills to carry out all of the six reclaiming interventions and complete your LSCI Certification. Please be sure to print your Introduction to LSCI Certificate of Completion, as evidence of your eligibility to attend Part 2.
- Log on to www.lsci.org and check the Calendar of Events to find a Part 2: The Reclaiming Interventions training in your area.
- If you have a group of 15+ and prefer to have an LSCI Trainer bring the live course directly to your organization, please check out our International Training Sites link to find a Trainer in your area. You may also contact Signe Whitson at email@example.com to be connected with a Trainer who can meet your scheduling needs.
If you have any questions about the online Introduction to LSCI or process for registering for the 3-day, live Reclaiming Interventions training, please e-mail Signe Whitson at firstname.lastname@example.org