You can reach customer service at: 301-512-0236
Purchases totaling $1.00 - $50.00 flat fee of $10.00
Purchases over $50.00 – 7% shipping and handling on the total order amount. This does not apply to rush orders (less than 5 days)
Rush orders required in less than 5 days – 10% shipping and handling on the total order amount.
International orders – 10% shipping and handling on the total order amount.
Please be assured that your items will ship out within five days of purchase. We determine the most efficient shipping carrier for your order. The carriers that may be used are: U.S. Postal Service (USPS), United Parcel Service (UPS) or FedEx. Sorry but we cannot ship to P.O. Boxes.
LSCI does Not accept or issue returns on materials ordered. All sales are final.
Your payment and personal information is always safe. Our Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software is the industry standard and among the best software available today for secure commerce transactions. It encrypts all of your personal information, including credit card number, name, and address, so that it cannot be read over the internet.
We respect and are committed to protecting your privacy. We may collect
personally identifiable information when you visit our site. We also automatically
receive and record information on our server logs from your browser including
your IP address, cookie information and the page(s) you visited. We will not sell
your personally identifiable information to anyone.
- The online Introduction to LSCI is a video-based course. Following the simple registration process (see link below), you will gain access to 11 training modules, each presented via video by Dr. Frank Fecser, Co-founder of the LSCI Institute. The course is not timed; participants are free to watch the modules on their own schedule, and may re-watch each module as often as desired. It is highly recommended that the modules are viewed sequentially, however, as the course information builds on itself from one module to the next.
- Upon registration, you will be able to download the Participant's Manual for the Introduction to LSCI course. The manual provides the PowerPoint presentation, along with detailed handouts and journal articles that feature real-world LSCI examples.
- Your registration and payment for the online Introduction to LSCI also includes a copy of the textbook Life Space Crisis Intervention: Talking with Students in Conflict. The book will automatically be sent to the address you list in your registration. You should receive the book in less than one week. You may begin to watch the video modules before the textbook arrives. The textbook will enhance your overall learning and will be instrumental for long term reference and retention of the LSCI course content. Likewise, the text will be cited repeatedly in Part 2 of the LSCI Certification.
- Successful completion of Part 1: Introduction to LSCI is measured by a score of 90% or higher on a True/False exam. The exam becomes available for download after participants have watched all of the video modules. Only participants who pass the True/False exam will be eligible to go on to complete Part 2 of the LSCI course.
- Upon registration, you may download the Introduction to LSCI Study Guide. The study guide consists of 67 statements related to the training course content. The True/False test will contain 50 of the statements, worded identically to the one on the study guide. You will be asked to indicate whether each statement is true or false, based on the information you learn from the video-based modules.
- Participants may take the True/False test more than once.
Those who successfully complete Part 1 of the LSCI certification course are strongly encouraged to attend Part 2: The LSCI Reclaiming Interventions, a 3-day, live course that provides Trainer-led instruction on the remaining five LSCI reclaiming interventions. The live course offers extensive opportunities for interaction, role play, practice, and feedback on the process of using LSCI with emotionally and behaviorally challenged kids.
In order to empower adults to intervene effectively when confronted with patterns of self-defeating behavior in troubled and troubling youth, the LSCI Institute has worked with universities, public and private schools, agencies, states, school boards and professionals around the world. Since 1990, we have developed an extensive and growing network of National Training Sites that contribute to our mission of providing skills for helping adults to prevent and resolve crises, to build good relationships with challenging youth, and to help them learn to change repetitive patterns of self-defeating behavior.
For a list of our current National Training Sites, please click here
The typical National Training Site can be described as having:
- Recognition within their community as having a comprehensive and outstanding record of serving troubled children and youth
- An operating budget of at least four million dollars
- A staff of at least 100 professionals
- A commitment to:
- Identify and train at least four staff members as LSCI Trainers
- Develop an LSCI Training program for their staff
- Sponsor at least two LSCI trainings per year
Our National Training Sites are responsible for approximately 70% of the professionals we train. The success of these sites has encouraged us to search for additional child-serving organizations that might be interested in becoming a National Training Site.
Our goal is to have at least one LSCI National Training Site in each of the 50 states and to continue to grow worldwide.
If you are interested in exploring opportunities to become an LSCI Training Site, please contact the LSCI Trainer who originally certified you in the skills of LSCI or Signe Whitson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our network of Master and Senior Trainers are hand-selected from the dedicated employees of our National Training Sites. The following is a list of the minimum criteria to be considered as a candidate for an LSCI Trainer:
- A Masters Degree in a relevant field (social work, psychology, education, etc)
- Five years of direct experience working with troubled children and youth
- Certification in LSCI (successfully completing the 5-day initial course)
- Experience using LSCI for at least 6 months
- Co-teaching at least one LSCI Training under supervision of a certified Senior Trainer
- Recommendation by the Senior LSCI Trainer that the applicant has the personality and social skills to be an LSCI Trainer.
While the curriculum for certification in LSCI is standard amongst all of our Trainers and Training Sites and the cost of materials is set, a one-price-fits-all for LSCI certification is impossible to quote because our trainings are tailored to meet the needs of our customers. Trainers take into account such variables as class size and training schedule as they are developing contracts
For pricing, please contact either Signe Whitson, LSCI Program Administrator, email@example.com or consult the list of National Training Sites to speak directly with the LSCI Senior Trainer closest to your geographical area. Once your needs are known, a price can be accurately provided.
LSCI is a 40-hour, competency based course. The curriculum for the training course is standardized so that all of our Master and Senior Trainers around the world train the same way. Recognizing that you and/or your organization has specific needs and availability, our Trainers and National Training Sites are able to develop individualized schedules.
Upon successful completion of the full LSCI course, participants receive a certificate acknowledging their lifetime certification.
For those who have completed the LSCI certification course and want a Refresher Course or other additional training, many of our Senior Trainers and National Training Sites offer our full-line of one-day LSCI courses.
Please click here to browse our full listing of courses.
The certification program consists of five days of intensive training during which you will read a textbook and training manual, participate in a good deal of practice, and pass both a written and practical exam to demonstrate knowledge and application of the skills. Successful completion results in a Certificate of Competency in LSCI from the LSCI Institute.
You will be guided carefully through the skills you need to successfully complete an LSCI Reclaiming Intervention. On one level we will provide intellectual learning. On the second level, you will see and hear crisis intervention on video tape, you will be involved in simulations and other small group tasks, and there will be modeling of the technique. The third level has to do with your skills--12 simulated role-plays, peer feedback, and self rating.
Our goal is to understand and use the Reclaiming skills of LSCI. We have found that many adults who work with troubled and troubling children and youth are not aware of how to use crisis as an opportunity for teaching and learning. Often students will say things or do things that take us by surprise; we freeze up and don’t know how to respond. This is why LSCI is so powerful. LSCI training will give you a cognitive road map with clear outcome goals for your work with kids.
Your full attendance is required to earn the LSCI Certificate of Competency.
Participants can earn three graduate hours credit in either Education or Psychology through Augustana College of South Dakota for a cost of $300. You will be required to write a brief paper in order to earn the credit hours. If you would like credit, please discuss the specifics with your LSCI Trainer at the beginning of the training course. To view the course syllabus, please click here.
Continuing Education Credits:
The LSCI certification course has been approved by the National Association of Social Workers (NASW) and the National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC) to provide 30 hours of continuing education credit. Some exclusions do apply on a state-by-state basis. If you are a licensed social worker or licensed professional counselor interested in earning CEU’s, please discuss the specifics with your LSCI Trainer at the beginning of the training course ort contact Signe Whitson, LSCI Program Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org.