What is LSCI?
Life Space Crisis Intervention (LSCI) is a nationally recognized, professional training and certification program sponsored by the Life Space Crisis Intervention Institute of Hagerstown, Maryland.
LSCI is an advanced, interactive therapeutic strategy for turning crisis situations into learning opportunities for children and youth with chronic patterns of self-defeating behaviors. LSCI views problems or stressful incidents as opportunities for learning, growth, insight, and change. This non-physical intervention program uses a multi-theoretical approach to behavior management and problem solving. LSCI provides staff a roadmap through conflict to desired outcomes using crisis as an opportunity to teach and create positive relationships with youth.
Learn what to do when a youth:
- Acts out in stress toward unsuspecting helpers, sparking explosive and endless power struggles
- Makes poor decisions based on distorted thought patterns and perceptual errors
- Has the right intentions and motivation but lacks the social skills to be successful
- Is purposefully aggressive and exploitive with little conscience
- Acts in self-damaging ways due to being burdened with shame and inadequacy
- Becomes entangled in destructive peer relationships and is vulnerable to manipulation